- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Clam and Chorizo Angel Hair Pasta Recipe Video
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Chorizo sausage||3 , casing removed|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crush|
|Orange juice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground (to taste)|
|Angle hair pasta||12 Ounce, cooked, drained (1 packet)|
|Tomatoes||4 , chop|
|Orange||1 , segmented|
|Cilantro leaf||1 Tablespoon (for garnish)|
Calories 808 Calories from Fat 321
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g53.6%
Saturated Fat 8.9 g44.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 92.7 mg
Sodium 988.1 mg41.2%
Total Carbohydrates 83 g27.7%
Dietary Fiber 5.8 g23.1%
Sugars 14.8 g
Protein 38 g75.5%
Vitamin A 36.4% Vitamin C 122.5%
Calcium 9.8% Iron 101.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Place a pan on heat for about a minute, and pour olive oil in it.
2. Put sausage in pan, break it into pieces and saute until brown.
3. Add garlic and saute for a minute.
4. Pour orange juice, and chicken stock in it. Add a bay leaf, scrape the bottom of pan to get the entire flavor into the juice.
5. Sprinkle salt and pepper. Add clams, stir, cover it with lid, and allow it to cook for 7-8 minutes, or until clams open.
6. Add pasta into the pan. Stir.
7. Put orange segments and tomato in pan. Mix well. Cover it with lid and cook for another 2 minutes.
8. Serve pasta hot with cilantro garnish.
Do not cook the pasta completely in water. You can just boil it ¾ ,and then put it in pan and cook until done.