- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Clafouti With Plums Recipe
|Firm ripe purple plums||1 Pound|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||9 Tablespoon (Use 1/2 Cup And 1 Tablespoon)|
|Grated lemon peel||1 Teaspoon|
|Unsifted all purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Powdered sugar||1 Ounce|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2392 Calories from Fat 965
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 110 g168.6%
Saturated Fat 63.4 g316.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 876.3 mg
Sodium 225.7 mg9.4%
Total Carbohydrates 301 g100.5%
Dietary Fiber 10.8 g43.3%
Sugars 197.2 g
Protein 36 g72.4%
Vitamin A 102.3% Vitamin C 90.3%
Calcium 16.6% Iron 52.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 375 degrees.
2) In boiling water, plunge the plums for about 10 seconds and then take them out. Peel and slice or just leave them whole after removing the pits.
3) With the plums, combine the lemon juice as well as the kirsch. Marinade for about 30 minutes, occasionally stirring.
4) With 1.2 cup of sugar, lemon peel and nutmeg, cream the butter till the mixture is fluffy and then beat in the eggs, one at a time.
5) Add the flour and mix well till the batter is smooth.
6) In a buttered and floured 9 or 10 inch cheesecake pan, that has a removable bottom or springform sides, spread the batter evenly. Alternatively, use a 10-inch pie plate.
7) Take the plums out of the marinade with a slotted spoon and spread them evenly all over the batter.
8) Mix together the marinade liquid and remaining 1 tablespoon of sugar. Sprinkle all over the fruit.
9) Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes or till the cake around the fruit springs back firmly when it is lightly touched.
10) Serve warm after dusting with powdered sugar.