- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fennel Citrus Fruits Salad Recipe Video
|Fennel bulbs||4 Small, thinly sliced|
|Fronds||2 Tablespoon, chopped (The Feathery Greens On The Fennel Stalks)|
|Orange||1 , peeled and cut into cubes|
|Grapefruit||1 Small, peeled and cut into cubes|
|Pitted kalamata olives||1 Cup (16 tbs), halved|
|Fresh mint||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Feta cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), crumbled|
Calories 831 Calories from Fat 548
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 61 g94.1%
Saturated Fat 11.8 g59.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 66.7 mg
Sodium 2299.1 mg95.8%
Total Carbohydrates 67 g22.2%
Dietary Fiber 19.1 g76.4%
Sugars 10.3 g
Protein 19 g38%
Vitamin A 52.9% Vitamin C 249.9%
Calcium 69.5% Iron 28.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Collect fronds and cut the stalks off from the fennel bulb, before quartering the bulbs and removing the core.
2. Slice fennel into quarter inch thickness and take it in a bowl.
3. Peel and cut orange and grapefruit into one inch cubes and add it to the bowl. While cutting ensure that you remove as much as pith as you can.
4. Slice olives in half and add it to the salad.
5. Add feta cheese.
6. Cut mint and fronds and toss it into the bowl.
7. Finish with extra virgin olive oil and a dash of salt. Keep it aside for 15 minutes so that all the flavours come together.
8. Serve Fennel Citrus Fruits Salad on a serving platter.