- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Citrus Salad with Jicama and Pomegranate Recipe Video
|Ancho chile peppers||3 , resubstituted (for dressing)|
|Salt and pepper||2 Teaspoon (for dressing)|
|Lime||1 , juice extracted (for dressing)|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon (for dressing)|
|Jicama||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Chive||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Cilantro||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Pomegranate||1 , seeded|
Calories 492 Calories from Fat 234
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.2%
Saturated Fat 3.6 g17.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1621.2 mg67.5%
Total Carbohydrates 65 g21.7%
Dietary Fiber 18.7 g74.8%
Sugars 35.3 g
Protein 7 g14.9%
Vitamin A 128.4% Vitamin C 181.7%
Calcium 12.2% Iron 23.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Segment orange, and slice pomegranate as shown in the video.
2. For dressing, in blender, add ancho chilli pepper, salt pepper mix, lime juice, and olive oil. Blend well.
3. In large mixing bowl, add orange segments, jicama, chives, cilantro, and pomegranate.
4. Pour ½ of the dressing in it or more if you desire. Toss to combine.
5. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
6. Serve salad with grilled chicken.