- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Citrus Pound Cake Recipe Video
|Flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Unsalted butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Grated orange rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Grated lemon rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Plain yogurt||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|For the glaze|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 905 Calories from Fat 311
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g54.3%
Saturated Fat 21 g104.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 225.3 mg
Sodium 454.5 mg18.9%
Total Carbohydrates 138 g46%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.7%
Sugars 89.2 g
Protein 12 g24.2%
Vitamin A 23.2% Vitamin C 23.2%
Calcium 10.7% Iron 20.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedBundt cake tin
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degree
2. Prepare a greased bundt cake tin.
3. In bowl combine flour, baking soda and baking powder, mix well.
4. In a stand mixer cream the butter and add the sugar until well incorporated.
5. Add eggs one at a time and mix well.
6. Add the orange and lemon rind, stir well.
7. Add in batches, the dry ingredients, orange juice and low fat yogurt.
8. Beat everything until well combined.
9. Pour the batter in the bundt cake tin, spread the batter evenly.
10. Bake the pound cake for 65-75 minutes.
11. In the meantime, in a saucepan combine lemon juice and sugar; simmer until the sugar is dissolved.
12. Once done turn off the heat and set the glaze aside.
13. Remove the pound cake from the oven, while the cake is still warm poke some holes in the cake and drizzle the glaze on top.
14. Allow the cake to cool completely.
15. Serve the citrus pond cake after a hearty meal.