- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Citrus Marmalade Recipe
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Liquid fruit pectin||3 Ounce (1 Package)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4063 Calories from Fat 7
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.88 g1.4%
Saturated Fat 0.11 g0.56%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 173.3 mg7.2%
Total Carbohydrates 1052 g350.6%
Dietary Fiber 12.6 g50.5%
Sugars 1016.4 g
Protein 4 g7.3%
Vitamin A 22.7% Vitamin C 390.1%
Calcium 17.4% Iron 6.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Cook in microwave oven 10 to 12 minutes at High, or until peel is tender.
3. Add sugar and reserved fruit. Cook uncovered in microwave oven 13 minutes at High, or until sugar is dissolved and fruit is soft; stir 3 times. (Syrup should boil at least 1 minute.)
4. Add liquid pectin and stir well. Let stand uncovered 5 minutes; stir occasionally. Skim off foam with a metal spoon, if necessary.
5. Pour marmalade into hot sterilized glasses or jars; cover. Cool. Store in refrigerator.
6. If desired, seal marmalade with paraffin. Melt paraffin over hot water in a double boiler set over low heat. Never melt paraffin over direct heat or in microwave oven. Pour enough melted paraffin on top of marmalade to make a layer about 1/8 inch thick. Tilt to seal to edge of glass. Cool, then cover. Store at room temperature, if desired.