- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Citrus Gelatin Recipe
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unflavored gelatin||2 Tablespoon (2 Envelopes)|
|Oranges||2 Medium (For Juice)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 828 Calories from Fat 13
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g2.3%
Saturated Fat 0.21 g1.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 60.5 mg2.5%
Total Carbohydrates 189 g62.9%
Dietary Fiber 17.4 g69.6%
Sugars 133.5 g
Protein 32 g63.8%
Vitamin A 44.5% Vitamin C 678.5%
Calcium 29.1% Iron 9.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In medium-size saucepan mix sugar, gelatin, and 1 1/2 cups cold water.
2) Cut thin strips of rind from grapefruit and orange with avoiding white pith.
3) Keep the strips of rind to saucepan with gelatin.
4) Halve oranges and grapefruit and squeeze juice to measure 1 1/2 cups.
5) Halve lemon and squeeze 1/4 cup juice.
6) Mix juices to saucepan.
7) Simmer and stir for about 5 minutes.
8) Sieve mixture over bowl. Add small amount of food coloring to mixture. Seive and strain mixture again.
9) Keep covered and refrigerate at least 3 hours.
10) Spoon into each bowls and garnish with orange slices.