- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Citrus Frosting Recipe
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Grated orange peel||2 Teaspoon|
|Orange juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Fresh lemon juice||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Egg||1 , slightly beaten|
|Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1759 Calories from Fat 871
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 97 g149.4%
Saturated Fat 62.3 g311.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 575.2 mg191.7%
Sodium 624.4 mg26%
Total Carbohydrates 195 g65%
Dietary Fiber 2 g7.9%
Sugars 171.4 g
Protein 10 g19.2%
Vitamin A 16.7% Vitamin C 120.3%
Calcium 19.6% Iron 12.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In the top of a double boiler, add sugar, flour and salt.
2) Fold in grated orange peel, orange and lemon juice and egg. Combine all together.
3) Allow the water to boil and cook the mixture until thick by frequent stirring.
4) Combine butter and cool.
5) Fold in whipped and stiff cream to the cooked orange mixture.
6) Use the mixture as filling and frosting for 3 layers of cooled carrot cake. For garnishing, prepare carrot flowers by cutting thin carrot rings into petal pattern and using strips of orange peel for the flower stems.