- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Citrus Flan Cake Recipe
|For glaze and custard|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sweetened condensed milk||14 Ounce (1 Can, Not Evaporated Milk)|
|Orange zest||2 Teaspoon|
|Pound cake mix||16 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 757 Calories from Fat 159
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g26.9%
Saturated Fat 9 g45.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 346.4 mg
Sodium 669.6 mg27.9%
Total Carbohydrates 137 g45.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.2 g0.79%
Sugars 105.5 g
Protein 16 g32.5%
Vitamin A 12.8% Vitamin C 15.3%
Calcium 37.1% Iron 5.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
2. In a small heavy bottomed saucepan, combine sugar and water.
3. Place pan on a medium flame and bring to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves.
4. Reduce flame to low and simmer syrup for 20 to 25 minutes, without stirring, until sugar caramelizes.
5. Immediately pour into a baking dish or a cake tin. And swirl the dish around to coat the bottom of dish with caramel layer.
6. Set the dish aside to cool caramel.
7. In a clean mixing bowl, lightly beat milk, egg yolks, condensed milk, orange zest and vanilla till well blended
8. Pour custard over the caramel.
9. In another mixing bowl, beat cake mix, milk, orange juice and eggs into a smooth batter
10. Spread batter over custard.
11. Place the dish in the preheated oven and bake cake for 30-35 minutes until cake leaves the side of the tin and is springy to touch
12. Remove and allow the cake to cool for 20 minutes.
13. Using a butter knife, gently loosen the sides of the cake.
14. Invert cake directly on serving plate.
15. Serve the cake warm or cool.
16. Cut into wedges at the table.