- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rosemary-Citrus Buckwheat and Shrimp with Mixed Veggies Recipe Video
|Hulled buck wheat||2 Cup (32 tbs), rinsed, drained (or barley)|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Cooked shrimps||2 Cup (32 tbs), shelled and devined|
|Frozen mixed vegetables||250 Gram, thawed (1/2 packet)|
|Grapefruit||3⁄4 Medium, juiced|
|Orange||1⁄2 Medium, juiced|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lime||1⁄2 Medium, juiced|
|Rosemary sprig||2 Small|
|Walnuts||2 Tablespoon, crushed|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2285 Calories from Fat 757
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 87 g134.2%
Saturated Fat 12.3 g61.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 520.9 mg21.7%
Total Carbohydrates 309 g103.1%
Dietary Fiber 51.8 g207%
Sugars 9.5 g
Protein 97 g193.4%
Vitamin A 272.4% Vitamin C 245.2%
Calcium 24.9% Iron 66%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, pour together grapefruit juice, orange juice, lime juice, olive oil and add salt, pepper and rosemary and stir well to mix, set aside.
2. In a large pot, place the water and buckwheat and cook for 20 minutes or until the buckwheat is soft and doubled in size.
3. Turn off the heat and allow to cool.
4. In large bowl, put together shrimps, buckwheat, and vegetables and mix well.
5. Pour on the dressing and stir well.
6. Garnish with rosemary and rosemary and serve as desired