- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Citrus And Spice Grilled Chicken Breasts Recipe
|Orange juice/1 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed||2 Cup (32 tbs), freshly squeezed, reduced to 1 cup|
|Tomato puree||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Orange zest||2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon zest||1 Teaspoon, minced|
|Lime zest||1⁄2 Teaspoon, minced|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Fresh)|
|Lime juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Fresh)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), pressed|
|Dried thyme||1 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||3⁄4 Teaspoon, freshly ground|
|Whole chicken breasts||3 Pound, halved (3 Breasts, 1 Pound Each)|
Calories 332 Calories from Fat 29
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.9%
Saturated Fat 0.82 g4.1%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 131.5 mg
Sodium 316.9 mg13.2%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6.2%
Sugars 14.5 g
Protein 54 g107.5%
Vitamin A 10.6% Vitamin C 96.8%
Calcium 6.7% Iron 19.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large bowl, combine the orange juice, tomato puree, honey, zests, lemon and lime juices, garlic, thyme, cayenne, black pepper, and salt. Mix well.
2) In a shallow glass baking dish, place the chicken breasts. Pour in marinade over the chicken.
3) Place inside refrigerator by covering with plastic wrap, for 12 hours or overnight.
4) Let the chicken stand at room temperature for half an hour before grilling.
5) Prepare a charcoal fire.
6) In a small saucepan, strain the marinade to drain the chicken. Bring the marinade to a boil and cook for 2 minutes.
7) When the coals are glowing with a layer of white ash, grill the chicken breasts 6 to 8 inches from the heat. Cook for 20 minutes, turning and basting every 5 minutes until done.
8) Serve immediately or at room temperature.