- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cinnamon Strips Recipe
|Milk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs) (Hot)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Shortening||3⁄8 Cup (6 tbs)|
|Cake yeast||1 Tablespoon|
|Eggs||3 , beaten|
|Flour||4 1⁄2 Cup (72 tbs)|
|Melted margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Powdered sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 244 Calories from Fat 84
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.6%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g11%
Trans Fat 0.5 g
Cholesterol 32.5 mg
Sodium 160 mg6.7%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g11.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.4%
Sugars 13.1 g
Protein 4 g8.4%
Vitamin A 4.8% Vitamin C 0.07%
Calcium 2.8% Iron 8.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 400° F.
2) Take a bowl and combine hot milk with shortening, 1/2 cup sugar and salt. Allow the mixture to turn lukewarm.
3) Take another bowl and mix yeast, 2/3 cup lukewarm water and 2 tablespoons sugar in it. Stir to mix nicely.
4) Let stand until mixture is completely dissolved. Add the milk mixture.
5) Add 3 cups flour and eggs. Beat until mixture becomes smooth.
6) Add all the remaining flour and mix.
7) Place on a lightly floured board and knead until elastic and smooth.
8) Take a greased bowl and place the prepared dough in it.
9) Grease the top of dough and cover. Set over hot water and let rise until dough becomes double in bulk.
10) Punch down and place on floured board.
11) Divide into 2 halves and roll out each half into a 15 x 15 1/2-inch rectangle. Brush the rectangles with margarine.
12) Take a bowl and combine cinnamon with 1 1/2 cups sugar in it.
13) Sprinkle 1/3 of the sugar mixture on 1/3 of dough. Fold the dough over sugar mixture.
14) Brush with margarine and mix rest of the sugar mixture with remaining dough.
15) Fold dough over other side and cut into 1 inch strips.
16) Take greased cookie sheets and place the strips 1 1/2 inches apart.
17) Bake for about 20 minutes.
18) Drizzle the strips with powdered icing.