- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cinnamon Stars Recipe
|Egg whites||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (About 2 Egg Whites)|
|Granulated sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Unbalanced almonds||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), ground|
|Cinnamon||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Sifted confectioners sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4084 Calories from Fat 1493
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 178 g274.4%
Saturated Fat 13.5 g67.5%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 138.6 mg5.8%
Total Carbohydrates 585 g194.9%
Dietary Fiber 55.9 g223.5%
Sugars 495 g
Protein 86 g172%
Vitamin A 1.4% Vitamin C 1.4%
Calcium 118.4% Iron 85.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 300F.
2) In small bowl of electric mixer, let egg whites warm to room temperature, about 1 hour.
3) With electric mixer at medium speed, beat egg whites until soft peaks form when beater is raised.
4) Add 1-1/4 cups granulated sugar to egg whites, 2 tablespoons at a time, beating after each addition.
5) Continue to beat until mixture is thick and glossy—about 10 minutes.
6) In medium bowl, combine the almonds with cinnamon.
7) Stir in egg-white mixture; mix to combine well.
8) Refrigerate dough, covered, overnight.
9) Lightly sprinkle wooden board or pastry cloth with flour and granulated sugar.
10) Roll out dough, one half at a time, 1/4 inch thick.
11) Using 3-inch star cookie cutter, cut out cookies.
13) Place, 1 inch apart, on lightly greased cookie sheets.
14) Let cookies stand, uncovered, at room temperature 2 hours.
15) In small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar with 2 tablespoons water; mix until smooth.
16) Bake cookies 20 minutes.
17) Brush tops with glaze; bake 5 minutes longer.
18) Remove cookie sheets to wire racks; let cookies cool several minutes.
19) With spatula, carefully re move the cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
20) Either serve the fresh ookies or store in an airtight jar for later use.