- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cinnamon Stars Recipe
|Whole blanched almonds||1⁄2 Pound|
|Egg whites||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Confectioners sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Lemon rind||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2249 Calories from Fat 1010
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 108 g166.5%
Saturated Fat 7.2 g36%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 199.6 mg8.3%
Total Carbohydrates 286 g95.5%
Dietary Fiber 23.2 g92.8%
Sugars 240.2 g
Protein 64 g127.2%
Vitamin A 0.2% Vitamin C 5.5%
Calcium 61.3% Iron 41.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Grease and flour a baking sheet.
2) Add almonds into a food chopper.
3) Run through the coarse blade first, and then through the fine blade.
4) In a bowl, add the egg whites and beat till stiff, but not dry.
5) Slowly add in the sugar.
6) Continue beating for about 5 minutes till the mix is completely blended.
7) Beat in the lemon rind and keep aside 1/2 cup half this mix to use as a topping.
8) Combine cinnamon and ground almonds, and gently fold into the remaining beaten egg whites.
9) Batter should be firm enough to roll. If too soft, the stand at room temperature till firm.
10) Heavily dust a cloth-covered board with confectioners' sugar.
11) Pinching out a small amount at a time, roll out to 1/8 inch.
12) Using a cutter, cut out star shapes.
13) Arrange the cookies on the baking sheet.
14) Over each star, add 1/2 teaspoon of the reserved egg-white mix.
15) Place in the oven at 350°F for 12 minutes.
16) Lightly dust with cinnamon powder and serve.