- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cinnamon Diamonds Recipe
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , separated|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Walnuts||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), chopped|
Calories 110 Calories from Fat 58
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.2%
Saturated Fat 3.4 g17%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 19.3 mg
Sodium 4.6 mg0.2%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4%
Dietary Fiber 0.4 g1.6%
Sugars 6.2 g
Protein 1 g2.6%
Vitamin A 3.3% Vitamin C 0.05%
Calcium 1.2% Iron 2.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 350° F.
2) Cream sugar and butter until light.
3) Beat in vanilla and egg yolk until creamy.
4) Take a bowl and sift cinnamon and flour in it. Add to the creamed mixture.
5) Take a bowl and beat egg white in it.
6) Place the prepared dough in an ungreased 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 x 1-inch baking pan. Brush with beaten egg white.
7) Sprinkle with walnuts and press lightly on the surface.
8) Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes.
9) Cut in diamond shape while still warm. Serve when cooled completely.