- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Holiday Cinnamon Stars Recipe
|Blanched almonds||1⁄2 Pound|
|Egg whites||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Confectioners sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Grated lemon rind||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2343 Calories from Fat 963
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 115 g177%
Saturated Fat 8.8 g44.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 263.1 mg11%
Total Carbohydrates 289 g96.2%
Dietary Fiber 25.2 g100.7%
Sugars 244.3 g
Protein 63 g126%
Vitamin A 0.5% Vitamin C 5.5%
Calcium 52.7% Iron 48.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Put the almonds in the container of food chopper, process first with coarse blade and then with fine blade.
3. Whisk eggs until firm.
4. Put sugar slowly in little quantities to the egg mixture and stir well for 5 minutes.
5. Add lemon rind and stir.
6. Keep ¾ cup of mixture aside.
7. Mix cinnamon and ground almonds and with a spoon or spatula put into the center of remaining egg mixture.
8. Once the batter is ready; check for its consistency.
9. If too soft, allow it to stay at room temperature for thickening.
10. Take little quantities of batter, roll it to 1/8 inch on a board covered with cloth and sprinkled with confectioner’s sugar.
11. Make star shaped cookies from it.
12. Take greased and floured baking sheets; arrange the cookies on it and bake for 12 minutes.
13. Serve in a dish.