- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cinnamon Sledges Recipe
|All-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , separated|
|Pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
Calories 642 Calories from Fat 344
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g60.7%
Saturated Fat 20.3 g101.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 115.9 mg38.6%
Sodium 16.9 mg0.7%
Total Carbohydrates 69 g22.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g14%
Sugars 34 g
Protein 7 g13.5%
Vitamin A 19.8% Vitamin C 0.36%
Calcium 5.3% Iron 14.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 300°F.
2. In a bowl sift flour, measure and sift again with cinnamon.
3. In another bowl cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy and beat well adding egg yolk.
4. Mix adding flour and cinnamon, mixing until well blended.
5. on a 12 x 15-inch baking sheet spread this stiff mixture to about 1/4-inch thickness, leaving a border about 1 1/2- inches around the edge to allow for spreading.
6. Beat egg white until foamy, brush over top of dough and sprinkle with nuts and press in lightly.
7. Bake in the preheated oven 45 to 50 minutes.
8. Cut into bars while still hot and remove from baking sheet.
9. Serve Cinnamon Sledges along with milk for breakfast or with beverages.