- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cinnamon Rolls Recipe Video
|Yeast||4 1⁄2 Teaspoon (For Dough)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (heated to 110-115° - For Dough)|
|Sugar||1 Tablespoon (For Dough)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted (slightly cooled - For Dough)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), warmed (heated to 110-115° - For Dough)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For Dough)|
|Egg||1 (For Dough)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (For Dough)|
|All purpose flour||5 Cup (80 tbs) (4 1/2- 5 cups For Dough)|
|Very soft butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For Dough topping)|
|Brown sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs) (For Dough topping)|
|Cinnamon||2 Tablespoon (For Dough topping)|
|Clear butter flavoring||1 Teaspoon (For Frosting)|
Calories 693 Calories from Fat 220
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.4%
Saturated Fat 15.2 g75.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 89 mg
Sodium 265.3 mg11.1%
Total Carbohydrates 110 g36.6%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17.3%
Sugars 47.1 g
Protein 10 g20.3%
Vitamin A 15.3% Vitamin C 0.24%
Calcium 8.4% Iron 23.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. For Dough - Dissolve the yeast in the water and add the sugar.
2. Let sit to become foamy.
3. Place the butter, milk, and yeast mixture in a mixing bowl and mix.
4. Slowly add the sugar and the egg. Mix until combined.
5. Add salt and 2 cups of the flour and blend on low until smooth.
6. Add the rest of the flour and mix until it forms a ball.
7. Knead it in the mixer for about 5 minutes.
8. Remove from the mixer and place in a greased bowl and cover the top with plastic wrap.
9. Set it aside and let it double in size for about 90 minutes.
10. For Frosting - Combine the powdered sugar milk and butter flavoring.
11. Stir with a spoon until very smooth and drizzles easily.
12. Grease a baking pan.
13. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
14. Remove the mixture from the bowl onto a floured counter and roll it out with a rolling pin.
15. Spread the softened butter over the top of the dough and then sprinkle with brown sugar, granulated sugar and cinnamon.
16. Roll the dough into a log from the long side of the dough.
17. Cut the dough evenly into about 1-1/2" widths.
18. Place in a greased pan.
19. Set aside to rise until double.
20. Place the cinnamon rolls in the oven and bake for 20 minutes until golden brown and done.
21. Remove from the oven and let cool a bit.
22. Drizzle frosting onto the slightly cooled cinnamon rolls. The frosting will harden.
23. Drizzle some fresh syrup over cinnamon rolls and serve with fresh fruit juice.
Dough can be made with a hand mixer or by hand. It will just take a little bit more time and kneading. If you are using a hand mixer or doing this by hand, once the dough forms a ball, turn it out on your counter and knead just a bit, but don't add too much flour. Then just proceed with the recipe.