- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cinnamon Pudding (Natilla de Canela): Sweet World #16 Recipe Video
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|2 % milk||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Cinnamon powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 290 Calories from Fat 57
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.6%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 150.9 mg
Sodium 84.7 mg3.5%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.3%
Sugars 39.5 g
Protein 8 g15.9%
Vitamin A 9.4% Vitamin C 0.15%
Calcium 28% Iron 3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a saucepan, whisk together - sugar and cornstarch. Slowly pour in milk and keep whisking.
2. Add the egg yolks and cinnamon in the milk mixture and stir well to mix.
3. Place the saucepan on medium high heat, and bring to a boil stirring constantly with a whisk for about 7 to 8 minutes.
4. Reduce the heat to medium and stir constantly for 1-2 minutes or until the pudding is thick, take the pan off the heat.
5. Remove the cinnamon stick, and pass the pudding through a strainer into a bowl. Press the pudding with a spatula while straining.
6. Add the cinnamon powder, whisk well to mix for about 1 minute and let it cool down to room temperature for 30 minutes.
7. Cover the bowl and refrigerate until the pudding is chilled.
8. Serve the pudding chilled, in small serving bowls.