- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cinnamon Prune Bread Recipe
|Chopped pitted prunes||1 Cup (16 tbs) (From A 12 Ounce Package)|
|Pitted prunes||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped (From A 12- Ounce Package)|
|Boiling water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sifted all-purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Sifted all purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking powder||4 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Grated orange rind||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
Calories 640 Calories from Fat 216
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.8%
Saturated Fat 3.2 g16.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 38.1 mg
Sodium 493.4 mg20.6%
Total Carbohydrates 96 g32%
Dietary Fiber 6.1 g24.5%
Sugars 35.3 g
Protein 11 g21.9%
Vitamin A 8.9% Vitamin C 7.5%
Calcium 37.9% Iron 24.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. To prepare the cake pan, grease a 9X5X3 loaf pan, and sprinkle ½ cup of pecans evenly on the bottom of the pan. Keep aside
2. In a small bowl soak prunes in boiling water and keep aside
3. In a large bowl sift flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt adding. Stir in the orange rind, brown sugar and pecans. Using a batter spoon mix all ingredients well.
4. In a medium size bowl beat eggs, vegetable oil, soaked prune mixture and mik.
5. Add the wet ingredients to the dry one and mix well using a handheld electric whisk or small wire whisk.
6. Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake in a moderate oven at 350 Degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour and 5 minutes. The wooden stick must come out clean when inserted for the loaf to be fully baked.
7. Remove from oven and cook on a wire rack. Using a knife loosen the edges and cool completely before inverting onto a cake dish.
8. Wrap loaf in wax paper, foil, or transparent wrap or in a box.
9. Store overnight to mellow flavors and make slicing easier.
10. Serve with hot tea or coffee. Cut into slices