- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cinnamon Pears With Caramel Recipe
|Pears||24 Ounce (4 Large Size, 6 Ounce Each)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Dash|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Caramels||7 1⁄2 Ounce (25 Pieces)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 380 Calories from Fat 92
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.3%
Saturated Fat 5.2 g25.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 19.8 mg
Sodium 132.9 mg5.5%
Total Carbohydrates 72 g23.8%
Dietary Fiber 5.6 g22.6%
Sugars 55.3 g
Protein 3 g6.4%
Vitamin A 5% Vitamin C 12.3%
Calcium 9.8% Iron 2.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Use a small paring knife or a fruit corer to core the pears but not all the way though.
2. Peel the pears, starting 1 inch from the top.
3. In a small bowl, combine sugar, and cinnamon.
4. Spoon this mixture into pears
5. In a microwave proof baking dish or casserole, arrange the pears.
6. Spoon water around them.
7. Cover the dish with plastic wrap or wax paper.
8. Cook pears in the microwave on HIGH power for about 10 minutes until tender.
9. Allow them to stand covered until serving or refrigerate to chill well
10. Before serving, prepare sauce by combining the ingredients in a small microwaveable bowl.
11. Heat for about 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally until melted and smooth.
12. Serve the pears topped with sauce and whipped cream if you like.