- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cinnamon Meringues Recipe
|Egg whites||3 (At Room Temperature)|
|Cream of tartar||1 Dash|
|Confectioners sugar||9 Tablespoon (1/2 Cup Plus 1 Tablespoon)|
|Cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
Calories 147 Calories from Fat 0
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.04 g0.07%
Saturated Fat 0 g0.01%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 36.2 mg1.5%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.33 g1.3%
Sugars 32.8 g
Protein 2 g4.8%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0.04%
Calcium 0.8% Iron 0.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 200Â° F.
2. In a baking sheet, line with parchment paper; keep aside.
3. In medium mixing bowl, beat egg whites on high speed for about 1 minute until foamy.
4. Add cream of tartar and beat for 1 minute until combined.
5. Gradually add sugar and cinnamon and beat for another 3 minutes until peaks are stiff but not dry.
6. Onto the lined baking sheet, spoon the mixture forming 8 equal mounds.
7. Place the sheet in the middle of center oven rack and bake for about 55 minutes until golden and crisp.
8. Turn off the oven off and open the oven door slightly.
9. Let the meringues stand in oven for 4 to 6 hours to dry.
10. Shift the baking sheet onto a wire rack to cool down completely.
11. Serve at room temperature.