- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cinnamon Cranberry Baked Apples and Cinnamon Yogurt Recipe Video
|Apple||3 Medium, cored (organic)|
|Cranberry||1 Cup (16 tbs), dried|
|Light brown sugar/Dark brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Cinnamon||1 Teaspoon, ground (plus 1 tablespoon for cinnamon yogurt)|
|Apple juice||1 Cup (16 tbs) (organic)|
|Vanilla yogurt||3 Cup (48 tbs), frozen (non fat)|
Calories 288 Calories from Fat 3
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.32 g0.49%
Saturated Fat 0.05 g0.25%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 154.6 mg6.4%
Total Carbohydrates 65 g21.7%
Dietary Fiber 12.1 g48.2%
Sugars 45 g
Protein 9 g17.1%
Vitamin A 2.1% Vitamin C 19.4%
Calcium 32.7% Iron 3.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
2) In a bowl, combine the dried cranberries, light brown sugar, ground cinnamon together.
3) Place the apples in a baking dish and spoon the cranberry mixture into the cored apples.
4) Scatter the remaining mixture into the baking dish.
5) Then pour the apple juice into the baking dish.
6) Bake in the oven for 35 to 45 minutes depending upon the size of apples.
7) Cinnamon yogurt : Slightly melt the frozen vanilla yogurt and combine with ground cinnamon.
8) Spoon over the pan syrup and serve the baked apples with scoops of cinnamon yogurt.