- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cinnamon Coffee Cake Recipe
|Enriched all purpose flour||30 Tablespoon|
|Granulated sugar||8 Teaspoon|
|Double acting baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Skim milk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Granulated brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Confectioners' sugar||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 310 Calories from Fat 64
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11.2%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 53.3 mg
Sodium 189.9 mg7.9%
Total Carbohydrates 52 g17.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.7%
Sugars 8.8 g
Protein 8 g16.1%
Vitamin A 6.1% Vitamin C 0.35%
Calcium 13.4% Iron 16.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Set the oven temperature to 400°F before baking.
2) Take a bowl and mix together flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt in it.
3) Into a mixing bowl, sift the dry ingredient mixture and then cut in margarine using a pastry blender, or 2 knives used scissor-fashion, until mixture resembles coarse meal.
4) Beat in eggs, milk, and extract using an electric mixer just until smooth.
5) Take an 8-inch square non-stick baking pan; spray it with non-stick cooking spray and then pour batter into it.
6) Take a small cup or bowl and mix together brown sugar and cinnamon in it.
7) Sprinkle this mixture over batter and bake for 25 to 30 minutes in preheated oven until cake pulls away slightly from sides of pan and becomes springy to the touch.
8) To a wire rack, transfer the pan and allow cake to cool in it.
9) Serve in slices with coffee.