- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cinnamon Coconut Loaf Recipe
|Cooking oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Commercial sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (To Medium Consistency)|
|Packed brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2930 Calories from Fat 1118
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 127 g196%
Saturated Fat 49.8 g249.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 542.6 mg
Sodium 2797.1 mg116.5%
Total Carbohydrates 423 g141.1%
Dietary Fiber 14 g55.9%
Sugars 266.7 g
Protein 39 g77%
Vitamin A 36.8% Vitamin C 6.3%
Calcium 104.1% Iron 77.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Grease 9x5x3 inch (23 x 12 x 7 cm) loaf pan.
2) In mixing bowl beat eggs until light and frothy.
3) Add oil and sugar, beating until smooth..
4) Blend in sour cream.
5) In another bowl combine flour, baking powder, soda and salt.
6) Mix well and add to egg batter, stirrimg until well blended.
7) In small bowl stir coconut, brown sugar and cinnamon.
8) Put 1/2 of the batter in the bottom of the greased tin.
9) Sprinkle 1/3 cinnamon mixture over.
10) Spread second half of batter over by putting dabs here and there.
11) Sprinkle second half cinnamon mixture over top.
12) With knife, cut through batter to give swirling, marbled effect.
13) Bake at 350ºF (180°C) in oven for 1 hour.
14) Let the loaf stand for 10 minutes, remove from pan to cool on rack.
15) Wrap in plastic bag to store.
16) Next day slice the loaf in desired size and serve with tea or coffee.