- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cinnamon Buns Recipe Video
|Unsalted butter||7 Tablespoon, melted|
|Dark brown sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground cinnamon||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄8 Tablespoon|
|All-purpose flour||3 1⁄4 Cup (52 tbs) (3 Cups for dough and remaining for dusting)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Low fat buttermilk||1 1⁄4 Tablespoon|
|For cream cheese glaze|
|Cream cheese||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Icing sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
Calories 368 Calories from Fat 138
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.1%
Saturated Fat 9.7 g48.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 41.8 mg
Sodium 292.1 mg12.2%
Total Carbohydrates 60 g19.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.99 g4%
Sugars 57.1 g
Protein 0.64 g1.3%
Vitamin A 9.8% Vitamin C 0.53%
Calcium 10.4% Iron 1.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Line a baking pan with aluminium foil and brush it with little melted butter
2. Preheat the oven to 425 degree F.
For brown sugar mixture
3. In a bowl put together brown sugar, granulated sugar, ground cinnamon, ground cloves, and melted butter.
4. Using a fork, stir the brown sugar mixture until it gets grainy in texture, set aside.
For the dough
5. In a large bowl, put together, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, flour, and mix well together using a fork.
6. Pour in the buttermilk and mix well with wooden spoon, until the mixture gets crumbly, do not over mix it.
7. With clean hands, knead the dough in the bowl and then transfer the dough on a clean flour dusted surface and knead it until soft and not sticking to hands.
8. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough into a 12” X 9” rectangle, dust more flour if needed.
9. Spread the brown sugar filling, all over the dough, leaving a ½” border. 10. Start from the long side, roll the dough, tightly to make a tight log and press the open edge to make it stick.
11. Using a serrated knife, trim the sides, and cut into 6 thick slices.
12. Turn the pieces over on their flat sides, and pat down with your hand.
13. In aluminium foil lined baking sheet, place the rolls into the pan and bake in the oven until they are slightly golden, about 23-25 minutes.
14. Remove the buns from oven and allow to cool.
15. In a bowl whisk together the cream cheese and buttermilk, until well blended.
16. Add in powdered sugar and whisk until smooth.
17. Place the buns on wire rack and allow to cool for about 2-3 minutes.
18. Drizzle and spread the glaze with fork and allow to cool.
19. Serve with a hot cup of coffee, if desired.