- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cinnamon Apple Rings Recipe
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cinnamon sticks||6 Inch (Two 3 Inches Stick)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Red currant jelly||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 252 Calories from Fat 2
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.18 g0.28%
Saturated Fat 0.04 g0.18%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 3 mg0.1%
Total Carbohydrates 66 g22%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.6%
Sugars 59.3 g
Protein 0.37 g0.74%
Vitamin A 1.1% Vitamin C 5.9%
Calcium 5% Iron 2.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Peel and core apples. Cut the apples into 4 rings.
2) In a saucepan, add water and cinnamon sticks. Bring it to a boil.
3) Gradually add the apple rings 4 at a time and simmer to tender but not mushy.
4) Carefully lift out the rings.
5) Repeat the process with rest of the slices.
6) Add sugar to the remaining liquid in pan.
7) Boil the liquid for 3 minutes without putting any cover.
8) Place the apples back to saucepan, bring to boil, then ladle into container.
9) Place aside to cool down.
10) Serve the apple rings by keeping a spoonful of red currant jelly in the centre.