- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cinnamon Apple Gateau Recipe
|Caster sugar||4 Ounce (115 Grams Or 1/2 Cup)|
|Plain flour||3 Ounce (75 Grams Or 3/4 Cup)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|For the filling and topping|
|Eating apples||4 Large|
|Clear honey||60 Milliliter (4 Tablespoon)|
|Water||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Sultanas||3 Ounce (75 Grams Or 1/2 Cup)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Low fat soft cheese||12 Ounce (350 Grams Or 1 1/2 Cups)|
|Low fat fromage frais||60 Milliliter (4 Tablespoon)|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Apricot glaze||45 Milliliter (3 Tablespoon)|
|Mint sprig||3 (To Decorate)|
Calories 591 Calories from Fat 71
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.2%
Saturated Fat 3.6 g17.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 158.6 mg
Sodium 60.9 mg2.5%
Total Carbohydrates 115 g38.3%
Dietary Fiber 7.3 g29.3%
Sugars 79.9 g
Protein 20 g40.8%
Vitamin A 7.2% Vitamin C 22.1%
Calcium 6.9% Iron 9.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Sift the flour and cinnamon over the egg mixture and fold in with a large spoon. Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the cake springs back when lightly pressed. Turn the cake on to a wire rack to cool.
3. To make the filling, peel, core and slice three of the apples and put them in a saucepan. Add 30 ml / 2 tbsp of the honey and the water. Cover and cook over a gentle heat for about 10 minutes. Add the sultanas and cinnamon, stir well, replace the lid and leave to cool.
4. Put the soft cheese in a bowl with the remaining honey, the fromage frais and half the lemon juice. Beat until the mixture is smooth.
5. Halve the cake horizontally, place the bottom half on a board and drizzle over any liquid from the apples. Spread with two-thirds of the cheese mixture, then top with the apple filling. Fit the top of the cake in place.
6. Swirl the remaining cheese mixture over the top of the sponge. Core and slice the remaining apple, sprinkle with lemon juice and use to decorate the edge of the cake. Brush the apple with the apricot glaze and place mint sprigs on top, to decorate.