- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cinnamon Apple Fritters Recipe
|Egg||1 , lightly beaten|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Red delicious apples/Other cooking apples||3 Large, peeled, cored, cut crosswise into slices 1/4 inch thick|
|Canola oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
|Confectioners sugar||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 412 Calories from Fat 132
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23%
Saturated Fat 2.4 g11.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 58.5 mg
Sodium 261.8 mg10.9%
Total Carbohydrates 64 g21.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.7%
Sugars 29.7 g
Protein 8 g15.5%
Vitamin A 3.6% Vitamin C 8.6%
Calcium 17.8% Iron 13.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a shallow bowl, add egg, salt, sugar and cinnamon and beat well.
2. In a small bowl, sieve in flour with baking powder. Add to egg mixture alternating with milk and whisk. Keep aside for 10 minutes and then stir.
3. Take a deep saucepan or sauté pan, add 1 inch oil and heat to 375°F.
4. Slice the apples and make into batches of 4 slices each. Dip each apple slice in the egg mixture well and add to hot oil. Deep fry to golden brown on one side, turn to other side and fry for about 30 to 45 more seconds for even browning.
5. With a slotted spoon, transfer to paper towels and drain.
6. Dust with confectioner's sugar and serve hot.