- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cilantro Lime Tilapia Tacos Recipe Video
|Tilapia||4 Pound, boneless/skinless|
|Fresh cilantro||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Black beans||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Canola oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Salt||2 Teaspoon (as per taste)|
|Pepper||1 Teaspoon (as per taste)|
|Cumin||1 Teaspoon (as per taste)|
|Coriander||1 Teaspoon (as per taste)|
|Red pepper||1 Teaspoon (as per taste)|
|Low fat mexican style cheese||2 Tablespoon, grated|
|Cotija cheese||2 Tablespoon, grated|
|Taco fixings||2 Tablespoon (pieces of red onion, tomato, low fat mexican style cheese, cotija cheese, a little avocado flesh)|
Calories 2254 Calories from Fat 564
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 62 g95.1%
Saturated Fat 16.3 g81.6%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 456.2 mg
Sodium 3882.5 mg161.8%
Total Carbohydrates 188 g62.7%
Dietary Fiber 39.7 g158.9%
Sugars 11.4 g
Protein 244 g488%
Vitamin A 75.9% Vitamin C 31.7%
Calcium 51.8% Iron 110.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. To prepare the marinade, in a blender blend roughly chopped cilantro, lime extract and canola oil.
2. Cut the tilapia into bite sized pieces and add into a bowl.
3. Add salt and marinade mixture and mix with a spoon.
4. In a plastic container empty a can of rinsed and drained black beans, coriander, red pepper, little salt and white pepper and mix.
5. Place in the microwave oven at high with cover for about 2 to 3 minutes, then stir and continue cooking for 30 seconds more until nice and hot.
6. In a nonstick pan add a little oil, add the marinated fish and sauté for about 5 minutes or until done.
7. Heat tortillas on a stove top and place on a serving plate.
8. Spoon over beans and then the cooked fish pieces with cooked sauce.
9. Top with pieces of red onion, tomato, low fat Mexican style cheese, cotija cheese and a little avocado flesh and serve.