- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cilantro Fajita - Mexican Basics Recipe Video
|Olive oil/Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onions||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped finely (Sweet Mexican onion used)|
|Green bell pepper||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped finely|
|Cilantro||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped finely|
|Fajita seasoning mix||3 Tablespoon|
|Green food coloring||2 Drop (Optional)|
|Salt||To Taste (If required)|
Calories 313 Calories from Fat 137
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.8%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g11.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 213 mg8.9%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.4%
Dietary Fiber 5.8 g23.1%
Sugars 10.9 g
Protein 3 g6.9%
Vitamin A 52.9% Vitamin C 213.5%
Calcium 6.6% Iron 6.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat a skillet with a couple of tablespoons of olive oil. Add the onions and cook till translucent.
2. Add the bell pepper, stir and let it cook along with the onions.
3. When the onions start to caramelize, add the finely chopped cilantro and the fajita seasoning mix. Stir to mix them well.
4. Add a few drops of the green food coloring (optional) and stir.
5. Serve the cilantro fajita with whole flour tortillas or with chips.
For additional flavoring, use guacamole, a dollop of sour cream and oven roasted jalapenos.