- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cider Stew Recipe
|Onion||3 Large, sliced|
|Meat drippings||3 Tablespoon|
|Beef||2 Pound, chopped into chunks|
|Cider||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Potato||3 Large, peeled and quartered|
|Carrot||4 Medium, peeled and quartered|
Calories 607 Calories from Fat 233
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g39.8%
Saturated Fat 10.5 g52.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 101.3 mg
Sodium 846.1 mg35.3%
Total Carbohydrates 58 g19.2%
Dietary Fiber 7.3 g29.3%
Sugars 15.1 g
Protein 37 g74%
Vitamin A 136.2% Vitamin C 72.9%
Calcium 7.6% Iron 27.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a small bowl, combine flour, pepper, thyme and salt. Mix well and apply on to beef uniformly. Keep aside.
2. In a medium sized skillet, heat drippings and add onions.
3. Saute on a medium flame till onions turn golden brown in colour. Remove and keep aside.
4. In the same skillet, grill beef till evenly browned.
5. Add ketchup, cider, browned onions and mix well.
6. Cover and cook on a low flame for 2 hours.
7. Add carrots and potatoes and mix well.
8. Cook for 30 more minutes or till beef is cooked.
9. Remove meat and vegetables on to another plate and reduce sauce in skillet for gravy.
10. Transfer both on to a serving platter and serve hot.