- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cider And Orange Punch Recipe
|Apple cider||1 Quart|
|Canned frozen orange juice||6 Ounce, partially thawed|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Nutmeg||1 Teaspoon, ground|
|Orange||1 Large, seeded, sliced thin (Unpeeled)|
Calories 122 Calories from Fat 2
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.29 g0.44%
Saturated Fat 0.17 g0.85%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 8.3 mg0.3%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.3%
Sugars 26.4 g
Protein 0.63 g1.3%
Vitamin A 1.2% Vitamin C 19.1%
Calcium 1.7% Iron 2.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a cheesecloth bag or a piece of muslin cloth, tie all the whole spices.
2. In a 3-quart slow cooker or crock pot, combine sugar and cider.
3. Throw the spice bag into the liquid along with the orange slices and give a good stir.
4. Cover the pot with its lid.
5. Simmer on HIGH for 3 hours or on LOW for 6 hours, stirring occassionally in the first 30 minutes until sugar dissolves.
6. Remove the spice bag from the pot before serving.
7. Ladle the cider into warmed mugs or pour into a warmed punch bowl and ladle into punch glasses.
8. Garnish the each punch mug or glass with an orange slice if you like.