- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chutney Pork Roast Recipe
|Bone in pork loin roast||5 Pound (1 Piece)|
|Italian sausage||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), removed from casings|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Onions||1⁄2 Pound, minced|
|Celery stalk||1 , minced|
|Apple||1 , peeled, cored and diced|
|Chutney||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Corn bread||1 Pound, crumbled into large pieces (Day Old)|
|Chopped fresh parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped fresh sage||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped fresh rosemary||1 Teaspoon|
|Apple juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , lightly beaten|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Cayenne pepper||To Taste|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whole grain mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry white wine||1 Tablespoon|
|Minced garlic||2 Teaspoon|
|Minced lemongrass||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground cloves||1 Pinch|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon, divided|
|Onion||1 , minced|
|Dry mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry white wine||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Demi glace/Reduced brown stock||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Available At Gourmet Food Shops)|
|Chutney||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (Good Quality Bottled)|
|Dijon style mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
Calories 843 Calories from Fat 305
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g52.4%
Saturated Fat 11.6 g58%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 272.9 mg
Sodium 889.9 mg37.1%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g19%
Sugars 20.2 g
Protein 72 g144.2%
Vitamin A 23.6% Vitamin C 20.8%
Calcium 8.8% Iron 18.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 325 degrees.
2) Get the pork loin toast boned and butterflied so that it measures about 12-inches x 8-inches.
3) Leave about 1.4-inch of surface fat intact.
4) Place a skillet over medium flame. Crumble sausage and cook it till has turned brown.
5) Remove cooked sausage with a slotted spoon and allow it to cool. Reserve the drippings.
6) Over medium flame, add the onion, celery and garlic and sauté till the vegetables have softened. This generally takes about 5 minutes.
7) Add the apple and continue cooking, stirring well, for 2 more minutes and then stir in the chutney. Mix well.
8) Remove pan from the heat.
9) In a large bowl, place the cornbread and add the cooked sausage, the sauted mixture, apple juice, chicken stock, herbs and eggs.
10) Mix gently but properly. Test fry some of the filling and taste for seasoning. Adjust if required.
11) With the fat side down, lay the butterflied pork flat and season well with salt and pepper.
12) Down the middle, mound the stuffing lengthwise and fold the meat over the stuffing. Secure with kitchen string.
13) Place stuffed meat in a roasting pan and slip into preheated oven and roast for about 60 minutes.
14) Make the glaze by combining together all the ingredients and tossing them till they are well mixed.
15) Remove pork from the oven and glaze the top. Put the meat back and cook, occasionally basting, for 30 to 45 minutes.
16) Make the sauce while the pork is cooking. In a skillet, melt half of the butter over medium flame. Add the onion and garlic and sauté till they are softened. Add dry mustard and white wine. Over high heat, reduce mixture by about ½ to 2/3 cup.
17) Add the chutney and demi-glace and cook over low flame, occasionally stirring, till the consistency of the sauce is reached. This generally takes about 20 minutes.
18) Whisk in the remaining butter, lemon juice and Dijon mustard. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
19) Keep the sauce warm.
20) Remove the roast from the oven and cover it with foil so that it stays warm. Allow to stand for 20 minutes.
21) Cut into slices measuring about ¼-inch in thickness.
22) Serve hot with the sauce.