- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How to Make Churro - A Delicious Mexican Dessert Recipe Video
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|White flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|For the garnish|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For deep frying)|
Calories 184 Calories from Fat 102
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g17.9%
Saturated Fat 4.8 g23.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 58.4 mg
Sodium 112 mg4.7%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6%
Dietary Fiber 0.47 g1.9%
Sugars 8.1 g
Protein 3 g5.2%
Vitamin A 4.7% Vitamin C 0.02%
Calcium 1.2% Iron 4.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedFrosting decorator tools.
Cast iron frying pan
3 quart saucepan
1. Combine the eggs and the vanilla extract, set aside.
2. In a plate combine the sugar and the cinnamon, set aside.
3. Pour vegetable oil in the frying pan, about 1 ½ to 2 inch deep, and heat the oil upto 375 degree F.
4. In a 3 quart sauce pan pour the water and add the brown sugar, salt and butter, bring it to a boil, once it reaches to a boil remove from heat and add the flour.
5. Stir in the flour and mix everything well until well incorporated.
6. Add the egg mixture and stir until well blended.
7. Fill your decorating tool with the churro recipe dough and attach the largest star tip.
8. Test the oil by placing a small amount of dough. The dough should bubble up right away.
9. Squeeze some dough about 4 inch long in the hot oil, cook 4-5 churros at a time.
10. Cook them about 1 minute and turn them over with a slotted spoon. Cook an additional minute or two. Cook until you get a nice golden brown color.
11. Remove the churros with a slotted spoon and place it on paper towel to drain out the excess oil.
12. Roll the warm churro into the sugar and cinnamon mixture, coat it well.
13. Serve the churro with Mexican hot chocolate topped with whipped cream.