- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chunky Pizza Soup Recipe
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Sliced mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Green pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), slivered|
|Slivered sweet peppers||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (green variety)|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Canned tomatoes||28 Ounce, undrained (1 can, 796 milliliter)|
|Pepperoni||To Taste, thinly sliced|
|Pepperoni||5 Ounce, thinly sliced to make 1 cup (150 gram)|
|Beef stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dried basil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Mozzarella cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|Shredded mozzarella cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 211 Calories from Fat 99
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.3%
Saturated Fat 4.6 g22.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 23.8 mg
Sodium 614.1 mg25.6%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.7%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19.4%
Sugars 2.2 g
Protein 11 g23%
Vitamin A 33.6% Vitamin C 47.5%
Calcium 24.4% Iron 17.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In 12-cup (3 liter) casserole, microwave together with cover combining mushrooms, green pepper, onion, garlic and oil at High for 3 to 5 minutes until softened, stirring once.
2. Stir in tomatoes, pepperoni, beef stock and basil and microwave with cover at High for 10 to 15 minutes such that flavors are blended and soup is heated through, stirring once.
3. Take 4 microwaveable soup bowls and ladle the soup seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Sprinkle each with 1/4 cup (50 milliliter) of the cheese, microwave, uncovered, at Medium (50%) for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until cheese melts.
5. Serve immediately immediately.