- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chunky Chicken Noodle Soup with Vegetables Recipe
|Noodle soup mix with real chicken broth||2 Ounce (2 Envelopes Lipton)|
|Water||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Escarole head||1⁄2 Small, torn into pieces to make about 2 cups|
|Stalk celery||1 Large, sliced|
|Carrot||1 Small, sliced|
|Frozen peas||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped (Small Clove)|
|Thyme leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cut up cooked chicken||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Finely chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 180 Calories from Fat 82
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.1%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 55.6 mg
Sodium 129.5 mg5.4%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.4%
Sugars 1.5 g
Protein 19 g37.4%
Vitamin A 59.6% Vitamin C 16.5%
Calcium 3.9% Iron 9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a heavy bottomed saucepan or stock pot, combine all ingredients except chicken and parsley. Stir to blend.
2. Place the pot on a medium flame and bring the liquid to a boil, then simmer for 15 minutes till or the vegetables are soft.
3. When vegetables are tender, add the diced chicken and parsley and stir to mix.
4. Simmer the soup for 2-4 minutes more and then take pot off the heat.
5. Using a slotted spoon, remove the bayleaf from the soup.
6. Ladle the soup into deep dish soup plates
7. Serve piping hot along with crusty bread.