- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chuck Wagon Beef Recipe
|Boneless chuck roast||4 Pound|
|Garlic salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||8 Clove (40 gm), minced|
|Onion||1 Large, sliced|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Instant coffee||3 Teaspoon|
|Bay leaf/1 tablespoon mixed italian herbs||1|
|Cold water||3 Tablespoon|
Calories 352 Calories from Fat 131
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.4%
Saturated Fat 0.35 g1.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.02 mg
Sodium 271.6 mg11.3%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.58 g2.3%
Sugars 1.2 g
Protein 42 g83.9%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 5%
Calcium 1.4% Iron 1.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Sprinkle garlic salt and pepper over the roast.
2) In saucepan add oil and brown roast on all sides.
3) Put into a slow cooker and cook.
4) In saucepan in meat drippings stir fry garlic and onion.
5) Add water, bouillon cube, and coffee.
6) Stir in between and cook over low heat for several minutes.
7) Transfer meat in cooker.
8) Add bay leaf or herbs.
9) Cook covered on low heat for 8-10 hours until very tender.
10) Discard bay leaf.
11) Transfer meat into serving platter and keep warm.
12) Add water and cornstarch to form a paste.
13) In cooker add the paste and stir into hot liquid and onions.
14) Cook covered for 10 minutes on high until thickened.
15) Slice the meat and serve with gravy over top or on the side.