- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Honey Roasted Parsnips Recipe Video
|Parsnips||3 Large (fresh and preferably,organic)|
|Natural honey||2 Tablespoon (preferably organic,as required)|
|Sea salt||1 Teaspoon (as required)|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon, freshly ground (to taste)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon (as required)|
Calories 303 Calories from Fat 143
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.7%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g5.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 784.8 mg32.7%
Total Carbohydrates 41 g13.7%
Dietary Fiber 8 g32.2%
Sugars 19.5 g
Protein 2 g4.2%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 43.5%
Calcium 6.6% Iron 9.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Peel and top the parsnips.
2. Slice the parsnips and stack the slices, one on top of the other.
3. Cut the slices in such a way, that each piece has one broad end and one thin, tapering end.
4. Heat the oven to 375 F.
5. Take a Pyrex baking dish and put the parsnips in a single layer in it.
6. Sprinkle sea salt and freshly ground pepper over the parsnips, as per taste. Add a little more salt than you usually would, as we will also be adding some honey later.
7. Drizzle the extra virgin olive oil over the seasoned parsnips. Mix well.
8. Place the Pyrex dish into preheated oven for 45 minutes, at 375 F.
9. After the 45 minutes, take out the Pyrex dish, but DO NOT SWITCH OFF THE OVEN, as we will need it for the next step.
10. Mix some honey with the roasted parsnips, as per taste and put inside the oven again, to roast for a further 10 minutes.
11. In a platter, place the Honey roasted parsnips and sprinkle the chopped parsley leaves, over them.
12. To be served warm, as a side dish to accompany a main dish.