- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Christy Hall's Pam's Caramel Corn Recipe
|Popcorn||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Packed light brown sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 1289 Calories from Fat 426
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 48 g74.3%
Saturated Fat 15.5 g77.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 49.7 mg
Sodium 897.6 mg37.4%
Total Carbohydrates 223 g74.2%
Dietary Fiber 9.1 g36.2%
Sugars 132.8 g
Protein 8 g15.4%
Vitamin A 40.7% Vitamin C 0.09%
Calcium 3.3% Iron 9.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pop enough corn to fill a very large bowl 2/3 full.
2. Sort to remove any unpopped kernel.
3. In a 2-quart saucepan, mix butter, borown sugar, salt and corn syrup and cook until boiling and then time it to boil exactly 4 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and add soda, stirring thoroughly such that the mixture will foam up.
5. Pour syrup over popcorn and mix well.
6. If desired bake on a cookie sheet in a slow oven (150-200°F) 1/2 hour turning to dry.
7. Serve sticky or after baking such that they dry.