- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Christmas Stollen Recipe
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Lemon peel||1 Teaspoon|
|Confectioners sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Yeast||4 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
Calories 445 Calories from Fat 208
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g36.6%
Saturated Fat 12.3 g61.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 127.5 mg42.5%
Sodium 105 mg4.4%
Total Carbohydrates 54 g18%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.5%
Sugars 34.1 g
Protein 8 g15.4%
Vitamin A 13.4% Vitamin C 30.2%
Calcium 9.9% Iron 11.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 350° F.
2) Take 1/2 cup lukewarm water and dissolve yeast in it.
1) Take a bowl and combine in it currants and raisins.
2) Cover with boiling water. Let stand for about 5 minutes.
3) Drain the mixture and rinse well. Drain thoroughly again.
4) Take a large bowl and sift sugar, flour, spices and salt in it.
5) Add eggs, milk, 1 1/4 cups melted butter, lemon peel, lemon juice, yeast mixture and 1 tablespoon cognac. Stir nicely.
6) Add citron, almonds, currants and raisins. Mix well.
7) Knead dough on a board until nicely blended.
8) Cover and let stand in a warm place for about 12 hours.
9) Place dough on a lightly floured surface and knead lightly.
10) Divide dough into 2 parts.
11) Shape each part into a crescent and place on a grease cookie sheet.
12) Cover and let rise until double in bulk.
13) Bake for about 1 hour.
14) Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
15) Take a bowl and combine butter, cognac and confectioners' sugar in it. Mix until smooth.
16) Frost the loaves with prepared mixture and serve.