- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Christmas Turbot Salad With Green Olives Recipe
|Milk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Olive oil||5 Tablespoon|
|Lemon||1 , freshly squeezed|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Parsley||4 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Onion||4 Tablespoon (Leveled), chopped|
|Mayonnaise||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
Calories 841 Calories from Fat 698
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 78 g119.8%
Saturated Fat 9.5 g47.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 132.5 mg
Sodium 707.3 mg29.5%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.2%
Sugars 4.3 g
Protein 27 g54.4%
Vitamin A 19.5% Vitamin C 39.7%
Calcium 14.2% Iron 7.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash and clean the turbot.
2. Slice the fish in 3/4 inch thick slices.
3. In a saucepan, bring salted water to a rapid boil.
4. Pour in milk.
5. Gently add the fish slices to the liquid.
6. Reduce heat to low and simmer the fish until it is cooked and flakes easily with a fork.
7. Use a slotted spoon to remove the fish slices. Strain and reserve stock for another purpose.
8. When cool enough to handle, remove skin and bones and flake fish.
9. Add flaked fish to a bowl and drizzle with olive oil, lemon juice
10. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
11. Add chopped parsley and onion.
12. Toss lightly but thoroughly.
13. Just before serving, add mayonnaise and gently mix being careful not to mash the delicate fish.
14. Turn onto a platter and garnish with green olives before serving.