- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vegan Christmas Sugar cookie - Part 2 : Finalizing Recipe Video
|Silken soft tofu||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), well blended to cream (Mori-Nu)|
|Flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Vegan Earth Balance)|
|Soft tofu||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Well Blended To Cream Silken)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Red food coloring||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Powdered sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||2 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla soy milk||2 Teaspoon|
|Almond extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3297 Calories from Fat 1595
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 180 g276.2%
Saturated Fat 31.6 g157.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 580.8 mg24.2%
Total Carbohydrates 378 g126%
Dietary Fiber 10.7 g43%
Sugars 126.3 g
Protein 39 g77.4%
Vitamin A 155.2% Vitamin C 0.36%
Calcium 7.6% Iron 83.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2) In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat 1 cup of margarine until it is creamy!
3) Once margarine is creamy, gradually mix in sugar, until smooth and fluffy.
4) Next, beat in the ¼ cup of processed (blended until creamy) silken soft Tofu, and 1 teaspoon vanilla, beat until smooth.
5) Once the margarine mixture is smooth and creamy, gradually beat in the 2 ½ cups of flour at a low speed.
6) Take wax, or aluminum paper and spread it out over a flat surface cover in flour.
7) Take the dough and flatten on the aluminum/wax paper overtop the flour, pat flour on top of the dough as well.
8) Take a roller pin or anything in the house that you can roll the dough out with and flatten the dough to about ¼ of an inch thick all around.
9) Use cookie dough cutters to cut out Santa heads, candy canes, stockings, or whatever shape you might want to use.
10) Move the shaped cookies gently with a spatula to a well greased cookie sheet, use non-stick baking spray.
11) Place cookies in oven for 10-13 minutes.
12) Begin Making Icing by mixing all of the ingredients together in a small bowl.
13) Once mixed together separate the icing into 4-7 containers, dependant on how many colors you would like to use.
14) In each container, pick a color from the food coloring and drop one to two drops of that color in its container. Do the same for the other containers of icing. This should make 4-6 different colors of icing to play with on the cookies.
15) Once you take the cookies out of the oven paint the cookies with the icing any color you would like to use. You can paint the cookies with knife or pastrybrush.
For more information please visit: http://www.eat-me-tv.com