- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Christmas Sugar Cookies Recipe
|Sifted all purpose flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (1 1/2 Sticks)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Colored decorating sugar||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 882 Calories from Fat 318
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55.7%
Saturated Fat 22.2 g110.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 143.6 mg
Sodium 266.2 mg11.1%
Total Carbohydrates 130 g43.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.4%
Sugars 70.6 g
Protein 10 g20%
Vitamin A 22.3% Vitamin C
Calcium 3% Iron 21.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Beat butter or margarine, sugar and egg in large bowl, with electric mixer at high speed 3 minutes, or until fluffy; blend in vanilla.
3. Stir in flour mixture to make a stiff dough; wrap in wax paper; chill 3 hours, or until firm enough to roll.
4. Roll dough, one quarter at a time, to a 1/4-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface. Cut into rounds with a 3-inch cutter.
5. Place cookies, 1 inch apart, on ungreased cooky sheets. Sprinkle with colored sugar.
6. Bake in moderate oven (350°) 8 minutes, or until cookies are lightly browned at edges.
7. Remove to wire racks with spatula; cool.