- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Christmas Pudding Recipe
|Seedless raisins||225 Gram (Large Ones)|
|Candied peel||115 Gram|
|Brown sugar||225 Gram|
|Fresh breadcrumbs||225 Gram|
|Lime||1 , juiced and rind finely grated|
|Refined flour||225 Gram|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cider/Stout / brandy||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5892 Calories from Fat 1707
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 194 g298.7%
Saturated Fat 73 g365%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 712.6 mg
Sodium 2356.6 mg98.2%
Total Carbohydrates 995 g331.6%
Dietary Fiber 60.4 g241.4%
Sugars 566.5 g
Protein 103 g205.1%
Vitamin A 25.2% Vitamin C 298.8%
Calcium 126.1% Iron 201.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Blanch almonds, and chop, or chop cashewnuts fine.
3. Mix pre-pared sultanas, currants, chopped raisins and candied peel together in a large basin.
4. Stir in chopped nuts, sugar, breadcrumbs, lemon rind and fat.
5. Sift flour, salt and spices together.
6. Beat eggs (yolk and white) and add lime juice and cider (if brandy is used, add fruit juice to a wineglass of brandy to make one full glass). Mix with flour.
7. Add flour and egg mixture to the other ingredients and mix well. Set aside.
8. On the second day, brush basin with melted fat and fill with pudding mixture.
9. Cover the basin with grease-proof paper and tie with a string.
10. Steam large puddings for 8 hours and smaller ones for 6 hours.
11. When the pudding is cold, cover with a fresh grease-proof paper and store in a cool dry place till Christmas.
12. Steam again and sprinkle icing sugar over.
13. Serve with grape sauce or brandy butter.