- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Christmas Popcorn Balls Recipe
|Salad oil||6 Tablespoon|
|Unpopped popcorn||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salted peanuts||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), coarsely chopped|
|Candied red cherries||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), quartered|
|Candied green cherries||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), quartered|
|Light corn syrup||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Strawberry gelatin/Lime gelatin||3 Ounce (1 Package)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4526 Calories from Fat 1836
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 214 g329.1%
Saturated Fat 23 g115.1%
Trans Fat 1.6 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1666.7 mg69.4%
Total Carbohydrates 652 g217.2%
Dietary Fiber 38 g151.8%
Sugars 356.6 g
Protein 53 g105.8%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 1.8%
Calcium 27.9% Iron 38.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Add peanuts and candied cherries to popcorn; toss to combine.
3. In a 1-quart saucepan, combine corn syrup and sugar. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, over medium heat, until sugar is dissolved. Without stirring, bring mixture to a full, rolling boil. Remove from heat.
4. Add gelatine; stir until dissolved.
5. Pour syrup mixture over popcorn mixture; toss to coat well.
6. Drop mixture onto waxed paper, to make about 1 1/2 dozen mounds. With lightly buttered hands, form popcorn mixture into balls. Place on waxed-paper-lined tray, to dry at room temperature.