- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Christmas French Onion Soup Recipe
|Onions||1 1⁄2 Large|
|All purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Beaten egg yolks||2|
|Parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon|
|French bread slices||6|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1931 Calories from Fat 675
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 76 g116.6%
Saturated Fat 42.3 g211.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 549.7 mg
Sodium 4396.5 mg183.2%
Total Carbohydrates 242 g80.8%
Dietary Fiber 14.1 g56.5%
Sugars 76.2 g
Protein 81 g162.2%
Vitamin A 45.5% Vitamin C 58.5%
Calcium 168.7% Iron 65.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. With a slicing knife, slice the onions into thin slices.
2. Separate the rings to form about 3 cupfulls of them.
3. In a pan, add butter.
4. Place the pan on heat and add the onions.
5. Cook the onions for about 10 minutes till they are tender, but not browned.
6. Cover the casserole and place in the microwave.
7. Sprinkle the flour on the onions.
8. Reduce the heat and stir the mixture it mixes well and is cooked.
9. Now add the milk and continue cooking over low heat.
10. Simmer the mixture for 20 minutes.
11. Next, add the salt and pepper to season.
12. In a small bowl, take the egg yolks and add a little amount of the milk mixture to it.
13. Stir the yolks and the mixture to mix well.
14. Return this to the simmering mixture and stir till it mixes well.
15. Check if the seasoning is all right. If required, adjust the seasoning.
16. Spoon the mixture in soup bowls and sprinkle with cheese.
17. Serve hot with the French bread slices.