- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Christmas Nut Cake Recipe
|Sour cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon, grated|
|Whiskey||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Pecans/Hickory nuts||1⁄2 Pound|
|Candied red cherries||200 Gram (1 Package)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 7920 Calories from Fat 3304
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 383 g590%
Saturated Fat 145.5 g727.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1443 mg
Sodium 780.2 mg32.5%
Total Carbohydrates 884 g294.6%
Dietary Fiber 42.6 g170.4%
Sugars 589 g
Protein 86 g172.1%
Vitamin A 144.8% Vitamin C 45.7%
Calcium 61.3% Iron 141.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 300° F
2. Grease a cake pan with butter and line the base with grease proof paper.
3. Into a large bowl, sift the flour along with nutmeg. Keep aside
4. Combine the raisins, nuts and cherries and toss them with a little additional flour. Keep aside
5. In a measuring jug or bowl, dissolve the soda in the sour cream. Keep aside.
6. In a large mixing bowl, add butter.
7. Using an electric beater or a wire whisk, cream the butter until soft.
8. Add the sugar to the butter and continue beating until the mixture is light and fluffy.
9. Add the egg yolks beating after each addition, in one direction.
10. Add the cream stirring lightly with a wooden spoon.
11. Gently fold the flour into the batter alternately with whiskey, working in pattern 8 movements to keep the batter light and fluffy.
12. Fold in the fruit and nut mixture along with the citron.
13. In a clean dry bowl add egg white and whisk until stiff.
14. Gently fold the egg whites into the batter.
15. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and place in a water bath in the lower level of the preheated oven.
16. Bake for 2 hours until the cake is rich brown and a skewer comes out clean
17. Remove from the oven and let cool in the tin for 5 minutes.
18. Invert onto a wire rack and cool completely.
19. Slice the cake and serve to guests at your Christmas party or wrap and include in you Christmas gift hampers.