- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Christmas Mincemeat Tart Recipe
|Icing sugar||1 Ounce (To Dust Filling)|
|Bottled mincemeat||13 Ounce (1 Jar, 400 Gram)|
|Eating apples||2 , peeled, cored and thinly sliced|
|Dried cranberries||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Egg glaze||2 Tablespoon|
|Flaked almonds||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Unsalted butter||4 Ounce (125 Gram)|
|Caster sugar||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Double cream||2 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2870 Calories from Fat 1226
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 139 g214.5%
Saturated Fat 62.4 g312.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 373.4 mg
Sodium 1037.3 mg43.2%
Total Carbohydrates 378 g125.9%
Dietary Fiber 19.1 g76.2%
Sugars 290.3 g
Protein 20 g39.5%
Vitamin A 65.9% Vitamin C 23%
Calcium 28.6% Iron 19.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Roll out the second piece of pastry so that it is slightly larger than the first. Dust it liberally with flour and fold it in half lengthways. Lay the folded pastry flat, with the folded side towards you, and use a sharp knife to cut slits at 1 cm (1/2 inch) intervals to within 1 cm (1/2 inch) from the top edge. Unfold the pastry and brush away as much flour as possible. Set it aside.
3. Spread the mincemeat over the smaller piece of pastry, leaving a 1.5 cm (3/4 inch) border. Arrange the apple slices on top and scatter over the cranberries. Brush the edge of the pastry with water and put the other piece of pastry on top, pressing the edges together well. Knock up the edges by gently tapping with a sharp knife to form shallow grooves (this helps the dough rise) then flute the edges by making small indentations with the back of the knife at intervals of about 1.5 cm (1/4 inch). Brush the pastry with egg glaze and scatter over the flaked almonds.
4. Bake in a preheated oven, 200°C (400°F), Gas Mark 6, for 25-30 minutes until risen and golden.
5. Meanwhile, make the brandy butter. Beat the butter, sugar and brandy together until pale and light and then stir in the cream. Chill until required.
6. Dust the tart with sifted icing sugar and serve warm, cut in slices, with brandy butter.