- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Christmas Jelly Recipe
|Black grapes||1 Pound (450 Gram)|
|Dark jelly||1 1⁄2 Ounce (Black Currant Or Blackberry, 1 Packet)|
|Port/Sherry||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Raisins||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Chopped blanched almonds||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
Calories 200 Calories from Fat 50
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.1%
Saturated Fat 0.5 g2.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 8.8 mg0.4%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10%
Sugars 25.7 g
Protein 4 g7%
Vitamin A 1.2% Vitamin C 16.9%
Calcium 4% Iron 5.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. On a fruit board, use a small paring knife to halve and deseed the grapes.
2. Wet a 3 pint/1.75liter jelly mould with cold water or place the mold in the refrigerator to chill.
3. In a medium sauce pan, prepare the jelly liquid as per the packet instructions.
4. Add the sweet wine into the jelly liquid.
5. Pour the liquid jelly into the prepared basin and allow the jelly to start setting at room temperature.
6. When the jelly is beginning to set, stir in the grapes, raisins and almonds.
8. Cover the mold with plastic wrap.
9. Place the jelly in the refrigerator for a minimum of 1 hour or until set and chilled.
10. To unmold the jelly, dip the mould in a bath of luke warm water for 10 seconds and invert onto a flat dessert plate.
11. Garnish with a sprig of holly.